Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekend Activities

It seems I have had a different craft focus each weekend for the past few weekends. Starting with card making (Valentine's Day), Scrapbooking (the Scrapbook Expo Crop...), and this weekend it was quilting/sewing.

Every year I head to Temecula, CA with a group of quilting friends for a fantastic weekend. We stay at a quait little retreat center, nestled in the middle of the wineries. We always have a great time working on projects, eating lots of great food. A few of us even get up early enough to see the Hot Air Balloons take off on Sunday morning. Here are a few shots from this morning's launch.  


As for projects, I got a quilt layered and the quilting begun. Here is only a hint as it is a gift. I don't want give too many hints as to it's finished design just yet.



I started a quilted bag with some wonderful fabric I just picked up from Moda Fabrics. A great antique look.
the patched piece will be the outside, while the red lettered fabric is the lining.


Then I tried out a new pattern for a small sachel to put in my purse. It carries tea bags, sweetners... Here is my first try. I love how small it folds up. I have a few ideas for revamping the size...to create a "hot chocolate" pack, for my non-tea/coffee drinking friends.



I can't wait to finish all these so I can show you the finished projects.

No comments: