Friday, April 13, 2012

Zentangle Therapy


As I said in one my recent posts, I am really glad I had picked up my pen and begun to play with Zentangles and a Visual Journal during all the craziness that was my life the first 3 months of this year. It became a major outlet for my desire to be creative on an not so energy intensive scale. Waiting in a dentist office, sitting on the couch, or even sipping my chicken noodle soup at the dining room table became a place to pull out a journal, a Zentangle Tile or my new Tangle A Day Calendar, and begin to sketch or "Tangle". It really helped to keep me focused on something other than needles, drills, and their resultant discomfort. There is a lot to be said for "zoning out" in something creative. Here are some of my calendar pages.








No comments: