Sunday, January 9, 2011

Check One Item Off My List

I am happy to say that I have completed one item on my January goals. I had prepaid prints at Shutterfly I had not used yet. They were about to expire, so I ordered over 2,000 prints of pictures I had taken sometime in the past 2 1/2 years. This is the box that arrived at my house on Friday.



It weighed 19 lbs. and had 26 full packages of photos. I wish I could say that these are all the pictures I have taken in that time frame, and now I don't have to worry about printing anymore. Sadly, this is only 8 days of a 15 day Panama Canal Cruise, 6 Christmas' and a few other small events. I have many more to print.

Today I spent the day a crop. I did not actually crop anything but I did sort, organize and cull photos that were not as nice as I thought they would be or duplicates I accidentally printed. This is what my box of photos looks like now.

I love these Creative Memories Power Sort boxes. Each large box holds 12 smaller boxes. The small boxes will hold about 100 photos. The system comes with photo safe file tabs to be labeled with pencil. And it all gets topped off with a secure lid. These sure beat the old shoe boxes I am sure most of us have used in the past. They are safe for storage and will keep photos dry and protected. My husband and I have used several of these to organize and store old family photos that we keep getting from various family members.

Now that these are organized and sorted it will take me much less time to get pages done. I feel much better now. Take a few hours to tackle one of your shoe boxes. I know you will feel less pressured after you do.

No comments: