Sunday, January 16, 2011

Word/Shape Mini Scrapbooks

I am really having fun expanding my horizons. With my Gypsy I designed and completed 2 Word or Shape Mini Scrapbooks for gifts at Christmas. The first was a GARDEN Word Book for a wonderful young lady who is dating our best friends' son. The two of them spent a great deal of time last spring and summer helping our friend clean up and replant a beautiful garden, complete with flowers, paths, and veggies. So I thought a small album to collect a few of her memories would be an appropriate gift. Here are several pictures of the album as it was being made. This book is 5" x 11". I used Storybook for the letters.

Cardboard scraps cut out for the pages of the book.


Pages covered with thin, colored cardstock.


Finished product.



The second one I made for the same familys' youngest son, who ventured in to playing football this fall. So, he got a 11 x 11 Football shaped mini scrapbook. He was so tickled to get this. I am sure he will have fun reliving his memories for years to come.




I had a so much fun making these that I am working on a new one. I can not tell you about it yet since it is a surprise for someone, who might be reading this post...But I will share it soon.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Nice books. You're very creative. One of these days I want to take some time and make a mini.

mommyfink said...

Oh I love making word books and you did an awesome job!!!!!!

L.B. said...

Both of these are so much fun!!! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

sarmzhdar MCM mcm,mcm リュック,mcm 財布,mcm バッグ,mcm 長財布 yaamfknta http://www.mcmoutletja.com/
qmbvddoxx