Wednesday, June 29, 2011

20 Wonderful Years!

Today I celebrate 20 wonderful years of marriage to my awesome husband, Dennis. I am so glad that he was as flamboyant as he was 33 years ago, or we probably wouldn't have met. Yes, we dated for 13 years before getting married. Here he is in front of his first car, 57 Chevy Nomad wagon. Loved that car! (and his waist length red hair)


I bore you with this story because the project I share today celebrates our 20th anniversary. I thought it would be fun to make a small album for him that chronicled our marriage and dating history. I designed the base pages in Cricut Craft Room (used Mickey Font & George and Basic Shapes carts) exported the file to my Gypsy and then cut it on my Expression. I cut thin card stock for the pages. The book is about 5.5" x 11.5". I cut two copies of each page out of two sided printed card stock from the My Mind's Eye "29th Street Market" line. By cutting two pieces from the same paper, I ended up with one for the front of the page with a pattern, and one for the back of the page that was a coordinated solid color. Lastly I cut out just the letters from the coordinating backsides of the card stock used, inked with the brown CM chalk ink, and adhered these to the front of each page.


If you cannot make out the letters of the pages it spells out "My HEART".  I used each letter to dictate the type of pictures to include in that section.


Happiness and laughter
my Everything
Adventures
Romance
Together

last pages
back of the book
I bound the pages using my Cinch and 1" wires. I used brads, BoBunny Ribbon, pop dots and a few scraps of things to embellish the pages. I found a few charms to add the front. (I may have to stop and look for a few more at my favorite LSS - Scrapbook Garden --while I am out this morning.) Lastly, I added a few dots to each of the letters using Pearl Pens in Kiwi and Cream.

20 comments:

Carola Barnett said...

OM goodnes I wish I lived closer to you so that you could rub off on me. I love this book and was that a picture of you guys at Senior Ball?

Coelle said...

Wonderful memories put together so well..know the hours it must have taken for such a treasure....thanks for sharing

Cindy said...

Happy Anniversary. Beautiful book.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Happy Anniversary. Your book is gorgeous and holds so many treasured memories. TFS

Anonymous said...

Thankfulness to my father who informed me about this blog, this webpage is really amazing.


Here is my web blog - volvo s70

Anonymous said...

I am not sure the place you're getting your info, but great topic. I must spend some time studying much more or working out more. Thanks for great information I was in search of this information for my mission.

My web site - bahrein gold coins sale

Anonymous said...

We are a gaggle of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community.

Your web site provided us with valuable info to work
on. You've performed a formidable job and our whole group will probably be thankful to you.

Also visit my weblog :: companion pet clinic salem oregon

Anonymous said...

It's actually a nice and useful piece of info. I am glad that you shared this useful information with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

Also visit my blog post; companion pet clinic beaverton

Anonymous said...

I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own blog and was curious what all is required to get set up? I'm assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
I'm not very web smart so I'm not 100% sure. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Feel free to surf to my website: phen375 uk

Anonymous said...

I was recommended this blog by means of my cousin.
I'm not certain whether this publish is written by means of him as no one else recognize such distinct about my problem. You're
amazing! Thank you!

Feel free to surf to my blog: psd flyers download

Anonymous said...

I do not leave a response, however after looking at
through a ton of comments on this page "20 Wonderful Years!".
I actually do have a couple of questions for you if
it's allright. Could it be simply me or do some of the remarks look like they are left by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are writing at other sites, I would like to follow everything new you have to post. Could you list of every one of your social networking sites like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

My site: bayer advantage for dogs

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account
it. Look advanced to more added agreeable from you! By the way, how could we communicate?


My webpage; volvo v70 for sale

Anonymous said...

When someone writes an paragraph he/she maintains the thought of a user in his/her mind that how a user can understand
it. Therefore that's why this paragraph is perfect. Thanks!

Also visit my weblog; discount rat hot rods

Anonymous said...

Sweet blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News. Do you have
any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Appreciate it

my website photoshop nightclub flyers

Anonymous said...

I like the helpful information you provide on your articles.

I will bookmark your blog and check once more right here frequently.

I am moderately sure I will be informed a lot of new stuff proper right here!
Best of luck for the following!

My weblog - hot rods for sale in austin texas area

Anonymous said...

whoah this blog is fantastic i really like studying your posts.
Keep up the good work! You already know, lots of people are looking round for this info, you can aid them greatly.


Here is my website: multimarca ricambi

Anonymous said...

My spouse and I stumbled over here coming from a different web
address and thought I might check things out. I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to checking out your web page yet again.

my weblog :: vinyl floor tiles

Anonymous said...

I am extremely inspired together with your writing
skills as neatly as with the format for your weblog.
Is that this a paid topic or did you customize it your self?
Anyway stay up the nice quality writing, it is uncommon to peer
a great weblog like this one nowadays..

my web-site ... gold coins

Anonymous said...

This is my first time pay a quick visit at here and i am genuinely impressed
to read all at alone place.

Also visit my web page: paleo diet plans

Anonymous said...

Sweet blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thanks

Look into my site phen375 ireland