Sunday, June 26, 2011

June is a Hectic Month

June is a crazy month for me. First there are all of the end of the school year activities - report cards and paper work, packing things away for the summer, end of the year celebrations, etc. Then there are the 4 birthdays in our family/friends circle that need to be celebrated. Add to that a high school graduation, our wedding anniversary, and you could say there really is never a dull moment for me this month.

Thankfully, school is over, the graduation ceremony has happened and now we are on to all the celebrations. Today everyone is gathering to officially celebrate the graduation and birthdays. I thought I would share one of the many projects I have been working on for the past week since school got out.

This is a gift for a wonderful lady, Barbara, my friend Jill's Mom. As part of our extended family we love her dearly. All of her children and grandchildren are avid game players. Scrabble is Barbara's specialty. So I used some Timeless Treasures fabrics to make her the following Scrabble set.

It includes a large bag - big enough to carry her Scrabble set, and a few other goodies I put together.

The bag and a notebook to hold her score pad.


Lap sized quilt 46" x  52".
 I made a Lap sized quilt to keep her legs warm for the evening outdoor Scrabble marathons we get into during the summer. 


Gift bag, Card, Quilt, Note Pad, and Bag....

Well, I am off to the party. I can not wait to give it to her. Hope you are all enjoying your summer day.

No comments: