Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cards for OWH

My post today is part of an ongoing box of cards I have been working on to send to Operation Write Home. Today's cards are Back to School themed cards. I used an old DCWV mat stack called The Grade School Stack for the mat and a 2.5 x 3.25 in rectangle accent.


The apples are cut from CM Cheerful Seasons Cartridge at 3.5". I inked the off white center and then ran them through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dot embossing folder. The kraft ticket was cut at 1.2" and is also from the Cheerful Seasons Cart (basic font function - Ice Skate cut). Here is a close up of the apple.


The sentiment stamp is from an inexpensive set of clear stamp sentiments I picked up at Michael's. I couldn't tell you what brand. I will be sending them off at the end of the week along. I hope to get a few more styles finished before then.

In keeping with the charity theme of this post, I am off to watch the movie about the Lt. Dan Band. By watching it, money will be donated to Gary Sinise's charities supporting the military and their families. Please consider stopping by the website and watching it yourselves. I have seen it once already and I can tell you it really is an uplifting movie about our American Heroes, their families, and the people who support them.

No comments: