Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Missing You Card

I am trying really hard to use only my stash this summer and not do a lot of shopping. This may be more difficult than I thought as my favorite LSS is going out of business this month and sooooo many goodies are on sale. But I digress.

I made a few more cards in my attempt to have a box of cards to send Operation Write Home. This missing you card was for their 4th of July card making party. We had to use a fish bowl. Mine is from Create a Critter cut at 3.5". Nemo is actually a leftover cut from another project. I think I cut him at 3.5 also.


I used a  Copic pen to outline the bowl cut, and inked the tan "sand" paper cut. I realized after I have finished that I used glitter (Stickles) on the speech bubble and the bubbles leading to it. OWH has a policy of no glitter because it gets on everything and can be seen by night vision goggles. This endangers our service men and women. So I guess this copy of the card I will have to send to a friend. Meanwhile, I think I have enough scraps to make a glitter free version for my OWH box.

Well, I am off to see if I can remake this card, and also find something for my baby brother's birthday.....

2 comments:

L.B. said...

very sweet. I need to make some cards for this.

Cindy said...

Cute card. Good luck with using only your stash. I'm doing the same thing and so far so good. My goal is until September 1.