Saturday, February 16, 2013

A Month of Letters - off to a busy start

I am having a blast writing letters, making cards and sending mail since February started. As of February 10th I have sent 69 pieces of mail. Yep that is right, 69! I had quite a few Valentines to send out, but that only accounts for part of this number. I have been writing letters, birthday cards, thank yous and even a few just thinking about you notes. Here are some of the things I sent this week.









Weedy "Beady" Sea Dragon  quilted postcard to a friend. I painted the fabric then stitched and beaded.
It says 2012 because he was all finished except the eye until about a week ago. I finally found the perfect eye for him.

I have also had mail coming in. Some from friends and pen pals already established prior to February 1st. I have also received letters from some new Lettermo.com friends. How fun it is to meet new people! Here are some of the surprises I have received.

I am busy finishing up a few things to go into today's mail. - Love the 3 day weekend for me, when the post office is still open! I sent these out on Monday.
Fiji Water bottles, fun square shape, used to send a message in a bottle. I stuck little erasers, pencils and other cute items in the bottles through a slit cut on the side. Then sealed the slit, Labeled them and off to the post office I went.

This is one of the Valentine Cards I created this year to send out. 


Valentine I received from LB one of my Cricut Buddies, along with all the rest of the mail I had received the past week or so from the Month of Letters Challenge.

I suppose it is time to get back to writing letters now.

No comments: