Monday, January 6, 2014

Long Time, No See, No Post, No Share, ...

It has been quite awhile since I posted. I could do the usual apology and excuses. But I think I will just say life got in the way, and then the habit of posting was broken. I had a nice break from the push to finish a project to share with you, but I miss having a place to share what I am up to. Since I had time to consider what I would do next on this blog, I thought I would share some of my thoughts.
  • Create a focus for various days of the week - Teaching Tuesday, Mail Monday...but this seemed a bit too much for me. I would be putting the stress of several post deadlines a week back into my life, not good.
  • Create one focus for the blog in general -  A Teaching Blog, A Cricut/Paper Craft Blog..., but that isn't really a reflection of who I am. For instance, if I just blogged about Quilting, I would post more between September and March than any other time of year. I seem to get into bigger stitching projects during those months, than any other time of year. I would end up with a blog that sits dormant half the year. - just like it did this year.
  • Create a specific day of the week to post, regardless of the topic I am posting.
 
After all of my deliberating I think Option C is the best. One day a week can be doable. If I get back into the groove then I can always add to the number of dates.
 
It is a New Year, so I will make this my Resolution for 2014, post each Monday. I hope that you will help keep me accountable to this resolution.
 
Ok, that is off my chest, now I can actually share something with you. My best friend's daughter's cheer team had a craft fair in November. I volunteered to have a table of quilted items. I had several lunch bags already made, and fabric cut for a dozen more. That was my "product." After coming home each night to sew for several hours, I had about 15 bags, plus a dozen pillow cases, larger totes and a bunch of lunch bag napkins.
 
My table at the OVHS Cheer Craft Fair.

I only sold a few things, but I had fun. I took the rest of the bags and things to school, and sold them to coworkers. I also ended up with several custom orders. All in all, I would say it was a success.




It was nice to get back to sewing. The only problem is I have very little for my Etsy shop. I had to close it temporarily. I will reopen later this month when I get a few new things made. I suppose this is actually a good problem to have.

Thank you for being so patient with my lack of posts. I really do want to live up to my goal of once a week. Please keep me going by commenting, and nagging as needed.

 
 

No comments: