Thursday, January 11, 2024

Project Quilting Mystery QAL & Challenge #1

I have been working on challenging myself to try new techniques in my quilting. I found Kim Lapacek's Mystery Quilt Along in December and thought I would give it a try. I knew that the end result would be 24 inches square, so I decided to make 3. That way I can use a few for gifts. Here are the tops from that 10-day Mystery. I can't wait to quilt them. I think I will try 3 different motifs. 
Now she is hosting a weekly challenge. Each week is a new theme. In order to participate in the prizes you have to post pictures of your completed projects. So, here is mine for week one: Birdhouses. 


I used scraps from the Mystery QAL to create my rustic, wonky bird house and resident. It was fun to create a small, finished project so quickly, considering so many of my projects take much longer. I wonder what next week's challenge will be?