Saturday, March 9, 2024

Project Quilting 15.5

 As I said in my last post, I have been going in many directions the past week or two. I had to skip Project Quilting challenge 15.4, Hourglass. I had some ideas running around in my head. But by the time I had a chance to jump into that project I just didn't have the time to really complete it. Oh well. 

Challenge 15.5 is a Wearables theme. We could choose to make something to wear, or incorporate a wearable into what we create. I have had a few projects on my mental list of things to make or try for quite awhile that fit this category. I choose to start with the one that has been sitting in my sewing room the longest, an Patty upcycled shirt using a pattern from Paganoonoo. I purchased this pattern 4 years ago at Road to California Quilt Show. I even had a few shirts sitting in a drawer for this project. 



I really thought the pattern was going to be a lot more complicated, but it really wasn't. I chose to go a bit rogue on the design by inserting some of the main shirt back into the inset pieces. I like the way it turned out. Just sad I waited so long. The shirt doesn't fit at the moment. 

3 comments:

Danette said...

This turned out very cute!

PersimonDreams said...

This is fabulous! Glad you got one of those things in your mind made :)

Golden Star said...

Your blog is a reliable companion in my continuous learning journey.