Sunday, January 1, 2012

Bucket List vs. Resolutions

I am trying to push myself to grow as an armature artist. I love to doodle and play with paints, but don't do enough of either to really hone my skills. I keep seeing many wonderful examples of Visual or Art Journals. They look so neat! The samples I have seen make me wish I had those skills. So, I am combining my desire to gain skills and play with a Visual Journal, to make a Visual Journal for this year.

My first entry is just a quick play with color, as I wrote a small note to myself about the year the just ended. I am using a "sketch" book with mixed media paper, pencil, Sakura Micron pens, and water color paints. I also played with my Copic pens trying to shade...


Earlier this month my hubby made the comment that we did not do a whole lot last year. That got me thinking of things I would like to do this year, 2012. Though it was nice to have a quiet year, I agree, we need to try to get out and do something every once in awhile. Most of my ideas are day trips, or shows that I would like to do/see.

After I started scribbling down ideas I thought it started looking like a resolution list or even a bucket list. And a second entry started to come together... This is done with Sakura Pigma pens, Sakura gel, and water color paints.




I am really having a lot of fun with this idea and have several ideas already rattling around in my head for my next pages. I am looking forward to seeing whether or not I notice any growth in my skills over the year. I am going to have to get comfortable with sketching in my idea at one sitting and then painting... later on, as I go back to work in two days. I can not see myself sitting for huge amounts of time like I did today.

No comments: