Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Tale of Three Sea Dragons

My New Year started with a thorough cleaning and organizing of my sewing room, fabric stash and many unfinished projects. It seems the projects I want to do keep getting moved to the side to work on gifts... Among the unfinished projects I found were three art quilts. The subject of all three quilts is the same but the mediums are slightly different. Sea Dragons! One of my all time favorite animals.

A Leafy Sea Dragon, at the Scripp's Aquarium in San Diego, CA.

Here are my three unfinished Sea Dragons, as of this morning, Jan. 15, 2012.


Sea Dragon #1 - Soft-edge applique, and some thread work. I still have a lot of stitching to do on this one to finish up.

Sea Dragon #2 - Hand Painted/Dyed fabrics. - Obviously I have even more work to do on this one...

Sea Dragon #3 - Painted with Tsukineko All-Purpose Inks and Fantasitcs. This one is a whole cloth project. I still I have to get brave and pain the water on this one. I am a bit nervous about this step as I only get one chance at it.

Well, my drop cloth is in place and table is set up, it is time to get to work. Updates on each version coming soon to a computer near you.

No comments: