Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Month of Letters...the Preparation

I am gearing up for February 1st. I can hardly believe that it is just around the corner. How come January is running away from me so quickly?

I am excited to be a participant in the Month of Letters Challenge, which starts the first of February. But I know there are bound to be some bumps in the road as I try to get a letter or postcard sent out everyday in February. I thought I would do a bit of prep work.

First, I am sorting and organizing my cards and stationary. If it is all one place I won't have as many excuses, right?


I got a bit carried away and created laminated index dividers for my postcards.  6" square  for the colored cardstock. 

Second, I started making a list of possible  people to receive these missives. Here is what I came with so far.
  • PostCrossing Members - this is contingent on having new addresses to send to
  • Birthday Cards - I have to know at least one or two people with birthdays next month
  • Get Well Card - With the flu out there, I am sure I can find one person in need of a smile
  • Pen Pals - I have gained a few of these through various venues the past 6 months
  • Friends and Family - Need I say more?
  • A Month of Letters Participants - Some of us have been swapping addresses 
That should cover me pretty good, don't you think? 

Last, I think I need to go back through my cards now that I have figured out some of my potential mail targets (now there is a picture), and see what matches. Maybe I will even cheat a bit and address the envelopes ahead of time so I don't forget who was supposed to receive it.

If you can think of anything I might of forgotten let me know. There is still time to join in on the fun.


No comments: