Thursday, January 24, 2013

Neverland 5K survivor!

That sounds a bit sad but it is true. Really it wasn't all that bad. I AM out of shape - I haven't been walking as much as I had been over the summer... but I had a blast joining forces with friends to tackle the Neverland 5-K at Disneyland this past weekend.

We look pretty fresh and ready to go considering we were up by 4:15 am for the 5:45 am start of the run/walk. We survived the early wake up call, the lack of caffeine, and the walk, with 4000+ others. Part of the fun of these walks are the participants in costume! Another perk is the chance to peek "backstage" at both Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure.


My race bib, goodies bag, and finisher medallion. Everyone has already started talking about signing up for the next 5K in September. Yep, It looks like this is our new "thing" to do as a gang. I wonder who else we will add to our little troupe?

No comments: