Monday, December 27, 2010

Santa's Little Brown Elves - aka UPS Drivers

I really do not like fighting crowds at the malls, or stores this time of year. Truth be told, I really don't like shopping in stores all that much, no matter what time of year it is. I choose instead to start browsing catalogs about mid summer, making notes of possible gifts for those I want to buy for. Then in October I start ordering gifts online. So much nicer to shop in my PJs!

  • Sidenote: My husband has been a driver for UPS for more than 27 years. He has been on the same residential route for the past 25 years. Needless to say, though we LOVE Christmas in our household, it is a tough time of year for him. The same number of houses in his route year round can jump from an average of 170 deliveries a day during the rest of the year, to 400+ during December.

So, I have a special empathy for our UPS guy who has to deliver all of my Christmas Shopping this time of year. We always try to give him something for his efforts. Thanks to UPS Tracking, I knew I was expecting the last box early last week. I knew this would be my last chance to catch him with our thank you (a tip, and some homemade cookies). We refer to my husband Dennis, as "Santa's Little Brown Elf" and that gave me the inspiration for this card.


The Card is a 5.5" Kraft Paper Card
Santa and Sleigh are from Jolly Holidays cut at 4.5"
I used my Gypsy to weld UPS letters (Street Sign) 1" into the front of the sleigh
I used a small piece of dark yellow paper behind the letter cut outs and then gold glitter glue over the top.
Sleigh runners are enhanced with dark brown glitter glue.

I then made another Jolly Holidays card in the UPS brown theme for my hubby's PreLoader - the poor guy who comes in early to cram all the boxes into the trucks in an organized manner. Every year Dennis give his preloader a tip to say thank you for all the extra he does this time of year.


Wagon - Boys will be Boys 3"
Elf - Jolly Holidays at 4.7"
Packages - Jolly Holidays at 2.2, 2.7, 3.2, 3.7"
I used  Stickles and Glitter Glue to enhance buttons, eyes, wheels, packages...

No comments: