Friday, December 24, 2010

Wrapping Up the Holiday Cheer

The past few years I have really enjoyed a simpler wrapping style. I used to buy coordinated, printed papers, matching ribbons and bows to make each year's gifts "match." The problem with that is that every year there is a half roll of this and a partial roll of that...not ever enough to make it through a new year. Nor will the left overs go with anything I can find the next year. So, I have decided to go with the line from " A Few of My Favorite Things..." from The Sound of Music, "...Brown paper packages tied up with string..." I have purchased several rolls of brown kraft paper and twine. This year I found some green and red to go with the brown. I love the way the packages look under our tree. I can make the tags and embelishments any color and design I want and it always looks put together. There really is something to be said for simple pleasures.




Of course I use my Cricut to cut tags and various shapes for each package. 

No comments: