Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine Treats

Valentine's Day is fast approaching, and I have been having fun working on gifts for my students. I hope my students will enjoy them.

Recipe:
5" x 5" Kraft Paper square
Frog (Create a Critter Cartridge) 2.5"
Lily Pad (Create a Critter Cartridge) 2.5"
Hello Kitty Face (Hello Kitty Greetings Cartridge) 2"
XO - pre-printed and purchased from a bargain bin at Local Scrapbook Store
Small Cello bags
Stapler
Treats



For my coworkers I made a simple Pecan Carmel Turtle goodie bag. The candy was super easy to do, and I just used a 4x4 piece of printed card stock for the top of each bag.
The recipe for the Turtles is sooo easy.
Preheat oven to 300 F
Cover a cookie sheet with foil or parchment
Place small twisted pretzels on the cookie sheet
Place an unwrapped Rollo (or other small chocolate covered caramel) on each pretzel
Bake for 8 min, or until candy is softened
While the candy is still soft press a Pecan half into the top of each Rollo/pretzel combo
Let Candies firm up, remove from the pan
Story in an airtight container (if they last long enough to be put away that is...ha ha )

***I bought roasted, salted Pecans from Trader Joe's and it added just a bit of yum to the snack. ***

The last Valentine Treat I want to share is the one I get from my husband each year. There is a small neighborhood deli in the middle of his UPS route that makes the most incredible chocolate dipped strawberries. They aren't the fanciest, but the have the greatest flavor. Each berry is covered in creamy peanut butter before they are dipped in chocolate. It is kind of like eating a chocolate dipped PBJ sandwich.



Thank you for taking a peek at my latest projects.

No comments: