Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Let Me Introduce Myself - A Profile Expanded - Scrapbooking

I am an Elementary School Teacher, part time Assistant Principal. I have taught for more than 20 years in this district, as well as 2 in Japan. I have taught all grades K – 6th , but enjoy 2nd through 4th the most. I have always kept journals and created scrapbooks. Approximately 18 years ago I was introduced to Creative Memories Photo Album/Scrapbooks, about the only choices back then. I loved the removable pages and the longevity of the product. I was hooked, a way to combine both. I figured I would do my wedding album. Funny, I did not even start that album until 2 years ago.

Since then, I have completed more than 35 albums. I have 4 more in the works right now. My style has changed, but then so have the tools of the trade. When I started, we would take our acid free papers to work and cut shapes from the Ellison Die Cut machine. Rather limiting. Mrs. Grossman was the only sticker maker available, and printed and textured papers were very rare. Now, the array of tools, paper, embellishments, and even album style choices has expanded. I now have a Cricut Expression, instead of the Ellison at work. Here are few examples of what I am talking about.

One of my first pages:


A few from my last completed album, with a few simple flourishes from my Cricut:


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow ~ you sure have evolved!!! Love your layouts!