Thursday, July 29, 2010

How 'Bout Some Pie

First, an update on the Great Escape contest. The winners were announced, and I was not one of them. Congratulations to all of the talented Cricut Circle Guys and Gals that won or received an Honorable Mention.

PIE:
The Cricit Circle group started a daily challenge, to keep us on our toes. Here is my project for today's challenge: Use CIRCLES in a card, scrapbook layout or other item.


This is my basic recipe:
* 5" circle card from Wild Card - cut from tan (old Close to my heart cardstock)
* 5.5" circle red from Wild Card
* The circle was run through my CB with the Spots & Dots embossing folder, if you look closely you can see where I had to come back through a second time and overlapped just slightly trying to get the the 3/4" embossed that did not fit in the folder the first time.
* 5.8" scallop circle Mini Monogram welded with the argyle crosshatch from Wild Card to create the crust effect. I eliminated the outside frame and several of the setting triangles around the outside to create a more rounded shape, unlinked height/width and then made the H/W equal then welded with the scallop.
* Inked with Aged Linen and Aged photo inks, and used some stickles to add some fun. After I finished photographing



The inside was to say "You're such a Sweety Pie" but sweety pie got a bit messed up when Stitch, my furry helper, jumped up on the table... gotta love the furry friends.

2 comments:

L.B. said...

I love your cherry pie card. I have to start trying to make cards.

Jenny Gibson said...

Wow. That is a yummy looking card.