Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sidetracked by Real Life....

Since my last post the weekend after March 11th, I have been a bit sidetracked. I found myself digging through several boxes of memorabilia and trying to track down photos from several different places. My Japan photos have not found their way into photo albums in the 24 + years since I lived there. Not that I did not want to put them in a book to enjoy... but most of the photos I took were on slide film. The thought of paying to transfer them to a CD or print them stopped me ever doing anything with them. The March 11th events pushed me to finally start that process. I bought myself a new flatbed scanner, Epson Perfection V600 Photo scanner.

Then I set to work sorting and scanning slides from my 4 months in Sendai, Japan. As of tonight, I have scanned over 300 slides and 2 rolls of negatives. I have a long way to go to finish scanning all of my slides covering my whole time in Japan, but at least I have one specific time frame finished. It feels great! Now I can start thinking about how I want to scrapbook them. I have my albums ordered from Creative Memories, and am collecting papers. I think I have found my project for the 4-day crop I am going to in May.

No comments: